20100120

Light-Weight Guns

Thanks to Conservative Scalawag for pointing this one out to me. Taurus has come out with a new polymer frame 5-shot revolver, apparently to compete with the Ruger LCR and slew of other light-weight 5-shots put out by S&W.
But here's what I don't get, why does it need to be so damn light? Who is fueling the desire for companies to design these guns? I just don't get it. I'm not a small guy, in fact at 5'11" and 190lbs. I'm larger then the average American, maybe that's what it is, yeah, so you need a lighter gun. But that brings it's own set of problems, increased recoil. Whenever you up the power delivery, or shrink the weight, felt recoil goes up.
In my beloved Corps I carried a M9, it weighed about 2 1/2 pounds loaded, and you know what, I constantly forgot that I was even carrying it around, and I still do that every day when I shove my pistol down in it's pocket.
So men, and a few women, get over the weight of your gun, in fact, take pride in the hearty weight of your CC gun, it'll help you get that second shot down range at whatever criminal you're putting down.

1 comment:

  1. The more I read about them the more I think it's a case of 'because we can'.
    The fact that people are buying them is like the 'me too' thing from high school.

    ReplyDelete

Post what you like, but remember this:
> If you insult me, I'll probably delete it, or post it and poke fun at your horrible grammer;
> I will accept critism, but expect to recieve some back;
> My blog is not a democracy, it is a dictatotship, I have the right to change any rule and all decisions are final.